The Enviro Blog
With over 85% of Australia’s population living within 50km from the coast and 66% living in capital cities (www.abs.gov.au), the importance of protecting structures against ground water/ water table is paramount. The Enviro BSM system has been specifically developed to avoid expensive remediation costs associated with ground water ingress.
When installed, Enviro BSM provides a fully bonded, blindside waterproofing membrane system to encapsulate the concrete structure, thus preventing water ingress or migration.
How does BSM work?
Enviro BSM is a pre-applied, composite HDPE sheet membrane system that is designed to waterproof the blindside of concrete slabs and walls. Enviro BSM is composed of:
- Heavy Duty HDPE, which provides the waterproofing integrity of the Enviro BSM system.
- Pressure sensitive, reactive adhesion layer, which activates during the concrete pour and forms a continuous bond with the structural concrete.
- Trafficable protective layer, which protects the Enviro BSM during steel-fixing before the concrete is cast.
Where is BSM used?
Enviro BSM is typically used in the following situations:
- Concrete foundations, walls and slabs on grade
- Concrete foundations, walls and slabs below grade
- Lift pits
- Crane pits
- Methane gas barrier
Advantages of BSM.
Notable advantages of the Enviro BSM system include:
- Chemical & gas resistant- In addition to its waterproofing integrity, Enviro BSM is able to be used as a methane gas barrier and possesses excellent resistance to a variety of stressors.
- Easy application- Lightweight rolls, with a simplified installation procedure, allowing for a shortened construction period.
- Fully adhered lap joints- Allows for a fully bonded, blindside waterproofing system, mitigating the risk of failure.
- Trafficable- Enviro BSM is able to withstand full construction traffic, while providing a non-slip surface for subsequent trades.
- Improved construction scheduling- Steel and concrete placement can be immediate, and the Enviro BSM system is not affected by premature contact with water.
- Versatile- Enviro BSM can be applied to a variety of substrates including concrete, formwork and compacted fill, and its effectiveness is not compromised by foundation settlement.
- Environmentally Friendly- Enviro BSM is free of any base coat or open flame operation which reduces the cost of resources, and eliminates safety risks.
Enviro BSM has been used across a variety of jobs, worldwide, including:
- Biological Services Building - UNSW, Randwick
- Flower Mill, Summer Hill
- 333 George Street, Sydney
- Envirosystems Head Office, St Peters
- South West Plot, Sydney
- The Jewel, Broadbeach
- Hyderbad Centre Supermarket, India
- Marina Shopping Mall, Los Angeles
- Huifengheyuan Apartment Complex, Shanghai
- Hongqiao Xiexin Centre, Shanghai
- Downtown Shopping Mall, Tel Aviv
Get in contact to find out more about the Enviro BSM system.
02 8595 8699
The Enviro Trafficable System is an innovative solution within the Envirosystems range of products, and provides a hard wearing, UV stable, waterproof system with inherent slip resistance. The Enviro Trafficable System is capable of withstanding full vehicular traffic, and is a unique solution to external waterproofing scenarios. The Enviro Trafficable System allows for a shortened construction period, compared [...]